Thursday, December 2, 2010

No More!

I was told that if we make it through the paperwork, it will all be downhill from there. The problem is, I'm not sure that paperwork is going to end EVER. We are finally finishing up the collection for our social worker when I opened up an email from our adoption agency with all new ones on top of all kinds of instructions for each. Well folks, I'm tapping out for a bit and Charlie has this batch. I'm putting him in charge of this for a bit (different story tomorrow I'm sure)! Just gotta keep my eye on what is important, my Mr. Martin!

We were talking about Martin last night as we always do, and a couple of things came up. We were wondering if any of the care takers told him that he had a mom and dad coming for him. I assume not since it's not final and I'm not completely sure he would understand anyway. Then another thought popped into our heads. Does he even know what parents are? He has lived in this environment since the day he was born so this is obviously the only thing he has ever known. How would he know what parents are?! I had never even thought of that. Can you even imagine that? So many thoughts in my head about this little guy. Mostly ways we can try to make up for his first five years. I have so many questions. What kind of bed does he sleep in, what kind of food does he eat, who takes care of him when he is sick? All these questions I guess will be answered when we get to see him for the first time. I am so excited, but at the same time dreading it already. It brings me to tears to think about leaving him behind. What in the world is he going to think about that? Is he going to remember us when we come back for him, is he going to be heartbroken when we leave, or will he even notice? Just some thoughts running through my head. One thing is for sure. I can't wait to have him here where he belongs. I'm only sorry we didn't find him sooner! We love you Martin. Mommy and daddy are coming for you soon buddy!

1 comment:

  1. Just now found your blog! Wanted to say he definitely knows what parents are. Every.single.kid in those baby homes know what parents are, or who 'mama' and 'papa' are because there are 'mamas' and 'papas' coming to visit the other kids and all the kids become obsessed with you. Every time we walked in, they identified us and would yell for Nika, because they knew we were there for her. Now it is Martin's turn. :)

    ReplyDelete