Monday, June 6, 2011

So...This Is Finally Happening!

I know that it has been a long time since I have posted anything new. I have been waiting for something to post about and it's been weeks since we have had anything post worthy. Well...finally...we have something! After waiting almost 5 long weeks after submitting our registration, we got a travel date assigned! We are going to meet our baby! We will be leaving on the 13th and heading back home on the 19th. We have so much to do this upcoming week but I'm glad that we got the date late notice. That way I don't have too much time to worry and stress. We were told that this orphanage has never adopted a child out before. So of course I have all kinds of "what if's" going through my mind. But mostly I have so many different scenarios going through my mind about this little boy that we are about to finally meet. How weird to think about actually touching him. For months all we have had is 1 out of date and blurry picture. What if he doesn't like us? What if we get denied? What if we are missing some document that freezes this whole thing yet again? But I know that I can't think like that. I just have to keep telling myself to give it ALL to Him. He has gotten us this far, He will get us the rest of the way!

Sorry about the extremely short update! We have so much paperwork to finish and so many phone calls and emails to make. I will try and do a better job posting. Especially while we are gone. Hopefully pictures to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. Whew! Wow! I am so excited! It's been a LONG ride, and a lot of ups and downs. I can't wait to see him in your arms :)

    Brooke Annessa
    www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy for your family. We are adopting 2 kiddos through RR who have DS from EE. We live in Fredericksburg, Va and would love to find out about programs in the area. We are retired Army, so things on base are O.K. too. Good luck on your trip and our family will be praying for you.
    Erika
    www.arainbowfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete