Thursday, April 7, 2011

I can't stop imagining what it's going to be like!

Yesterday was a giant leap for us! We turned in the last two...then what became the last three...pieces of paper that was required from us in order for our Russian coordinator to turn in our dossier to the committee! The first was a Child Specific form that will guide them toward the direction of Paul since everything is a "secret", the other was the insane psychological evaluation report done on the kids to make sure they don't turn on Paul once he is here, and the last was an updated committment form from our home study agency. That was turning out to be harder to get our hands on than the psych report. Let me tell you, that thing was almost impossible to acquire right up until the time I was supposed to pick it up...and then some!

Yesterday, Charlie and I drove to Richmond to get all of those apostilled...or super notarized! Last time we got something notarized to took about 3 hours to wait, which I thought was great. Yesterday, Charlie dropped me off at the door while he parked and by the time he got into the building, she was almost done! We walked a couple of blocks to FedEx, made our copies, then sent it overnight to our agency in Tucson! It should be there by 10:30 this morning! Can you tell my all the exclamation marks that I'm excited about this?! After she looks over everything she will send it off to Russia to meet our other documents that are just waiting to be submitted. Unfortunately, they only can submit dossiers every 2nd and 4th Monday and we just missed the point for the first one, so it will get submitted on the 25th. So everyone please pray that our papers are what they need to be and that they find themselves on the committee's lap with no problems, and that within 10 days they make a decision on a court date.

I am at the point where this all is starting to feel real again! Like it might actually happen after all. Of course I have my doubts and fears that I will get another phone call saying he is not available, or worse, we will get there and meet him and they won't let us bring him home. After this latest horrible situation in Russia in which "they" won't let wonderful parents bring home their son, I have worries they will do the same thing to us. That is every parents worse nightmare. For somebody to tell a parent that they can't bring home their child, I can't imagine!

I have been doing a lot of reading lately. I just finished up a book called The Boy in Baby House 10 about a boy in Moscow in the horrid conditions he was brought up in. He was bounced around from baby house to mental institution for years before being adopted by an American woman. The book did not hold back when describing baby house and institution. I was horrified when reading about the baby house. I quickly forgot about that after he was transferred. The conditions where more than terrible. This all took place in the mid to late 90's! I just pray that things have changed because my dear sweet boy is sitting in once of those places as I write this. I pray and pray that he knows that we are coming and that God has his arms wrapped tightly around him until we get there. I pray that once we meet him and he knows he has a papa and a mama his spirits will be lifted and he can make it until we come back on our final trip to bring him home.

I think about two days all the time. First, is the day that we meet him for the first time. What is it going to be like? How are we going to react? How is he going to react? All I can imagine is scooping him up and squeezing him and kissing him. Of course I don't want to scare the poor little boy to death! Second, is the day we get on that plane and head back here to his new home! I have thought about this so many times! I love looking at my fellow adoptive parents and their pictures, and blogs, and Facebook posts! Putting myself in their shoes gives me hope that this will soon be Charlie and me.

I heard the song I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me yesterday and thought about Paul and thought about how fitting it was for our situation...along with the situation of so many others like us.

I can only imagine
What it will be like
When I walk
By your side

I can only imagine
What my eyes will see
When your face
Is before me
I can only imagine

Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When that day comes
And I find myself
Standing in the Son

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever
Forever worship You
I can only imagine

I can only imagine
When all I will do
Is forever, forever worship you

So until I have my sweet boy in my arms, I will just think of this song and imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment